Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Der Kleine Medicus (2014) ı The little Medic (2014)


Sorry, my upcoming sketchbook post has to wait one post longer. Here come two trailers for an animated  film I had the pleasure to work on. "Der kleine Medicus" based on a popular book by Dietrich Groenemeyer and directed by Peter Claridge. The trailer is in german language only, although the film was written and produced in english. The production approached me for storyboards, but I was already committed to another project at the time. Little did I know that I would get the chance to help out in a different way at a later stage. I worked as an animation director on the project for a year and had my hands full working with a fantastic team of artists at Virgin Lands. Produced at a shoestring budget with challenging deadlines and footage requirements it has become one of those little gems that should hold together as a whole. No small part for the wonderful direction from Peter. Looking forward to seeing the final piece with the full crew at  the premiere! Thank you all for the hard work!