Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tati and the Illusionist



...Unfortunately I missed the premier in Berlin.
The Illusionist is based on an original script from the late french writer/director Tati and done in traditional (pencil) animation. I joined Django for a few weeks to decide if I would join the film for the longrun, but decided to jump on another project instead.
All the artwork and animation I saw then was absolutely stunning and I have the greatest respect for the whole crew, credited and uncredited (actually there seemed to be no credits at all on the film, or so I heard). I love the idea to keep a wide lens throughout the film and limited amounts of dialog. I hope to see it very soon. Victor found this interview on Arte (a bilingual (french/german) TV channel of which has some clips from the film.
enjoy.